Hello May and hello salad season! It’s official, time to bust into the salads. Today, I’m bringing you this super quick and easy Bell Pepper Pasta Salad! It doesn’t have a whole lot of ingredients and would be great alongside your next barbecue!
The year is quickly slipping away and we are only a short beach walk away from full on summer. The first week of May is already drifting into the distance and I can already feel the creeping of summer.
And with summer, comes all the delicious fresh dishes. I’ve been in the kitchen working on so many new dishes for summer, so keep checking back to see what’s cooking.
Which brings me to this fantastic salad. It took no time to make and was pretty tasty. I ate it for lunch and dinner all in one day. It’s pretty basic and doesn’t require much. Which makes it perfect for lazy summer days.
Notes about the pasta
First of all, easy! Like so easy it almost didn’t really need a recipe. But I wrote one anyway..ha!
- You can eat it hot or cold. Hot it would be more like a pasta dish and cold more like a pasta salad. Make sense? My intention when I made it was to have it as a hot lunch. Then I had to photograph it for the blog so it was no longer hot to say the least. I tasted it cold and then thought it was even better that way. Then after I put it in the fridge and ate it again for dinner, it was better still! So, I thought it worked best as a pasta salad.
- I used pasta spirals, but it’s not necessary. Just use whatever you have on hand. It all works just as good for sure.
- When you chop your parsley for this recipe, try to do it as finely as you can. It’s not the type of salad that lends itself to big pieces of parsley stuck between your teeth. So chop it fine. And that’s really pretty much it for this easy dish.
Serve it with a barbecue, as a stand alone lunch or even take it to a pot luck.
Happy cooking friends and get ready for summer because it’s coming!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Bell Pepper Pasta Salad
- 1 lb pasta spirals
- 1/2 Red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 Yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 Green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 Red onion thinly sliced
- 1 Cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/4 Cup fresh parmesan finely grated
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Small bunch fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- Cook pasta for 8 minutes until tender. Remove from heat and drain.
- In a large bowl combine the pasta, peppers, onions, garlic and olive oil. Stir well. Add the mozzarella, parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Serve at room temperature or cold.