This Creamy Broccoli & Penne Pasta is a great mid week dinner. A creamy stove top pasta dish made with crisp broccoli, tender penne pasta noodles, a creamy parmesan cheese sauce and lots of fresh herbs. Make it for your next pasta night with some delicious Homemade Garlic Knots.
This is one of those very Quick Dinners that can be thrown together in not time at all. I love it, the kids love it, even the man in the house enjoys it. I am sure if I served it to the pets, they would enjoy it as well…hahaha.
I’m no stranger to creamy pasta dishes. In fact if you check out the Pasta Section on the blog, you will see so many creamy stove top pastas. I really don’t know if I have a favourite, but I think the Creamy Chicken Alfredo is probably in the top 10! Yes, I say top 10 because there are way more than that! Check it out and start pinning down some delicious pasta dinners for this fall.
Tips For Creamy Broccoli & Penne Pasta
- First and foremost, this dish needs to be made fresh . It doesn’t take that long to come together, but it is best to eat it as soon as it’s cooked.
If You Like This pasta Dish, Here’s Some More Pasta Dishes with Broccoli that You Will Enjoy
- 20 Minute Parmesan Pasta with Broccoli
- Chicken, Leek and Broccoli Oven Pasta
- Bowtie Pasta and Broccoli Bake
Well dear friends, I hope you like the recipe today. My family really enjoyed this dinner and I know I’ll be making it again soon. I hope you get a chance to make it and enjoy it as much as we did. Pasta NEVER disappoints, right? Well, until next time, happy cooking! See you all in a few days with some more delicious dinners to share.
Get the recipe!
Creamy Broccoli & Penne Pasta
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 Onion roughly chopped
- 2 clove Garlic crushed
- Small bunch of fresh chopped basil
- Small bunch of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 Cup cream
- 3/4 Cup vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and garlic. Add the onion and cook over medium heat until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Blanch the broccoli and add it to the onions. Continue to cook for about 5 more minutes to lightly sautée the broccoli. Move the broccoli and onions to the side of the pan and add the butter and cream. Bring to a simmer and add in the vegetable stock. Stir as the sauce thickens and add in the pasta, herbs, salt, pepper and cheese (reserve a little cheese for topping the pasta). Stir to combine and serve topped with a little extra parmesan and fresh basil.