Comfort food in July because sometimes you just need it. This Creamy Stove Top Pork & Zucchini is worth standing over the stove for, even in July. With tender pork loin chops topped off with a creamy & flavoursome sauce, it is sure to be a winner whatever the season.
Okay, so despite being July and hot as you know what, comfort food was in order.
Because sometimes you just need to push that barbecue aside in light of something with a bit of cream and comfort.
It’s been a busy and hectic few days and we’re only just into summer. I’m already starting to daydream of short days, dark clouds and warming dishes. That the introvert in me talking….hahaha. But seriously, I’m a fall winter girl all the way!
So with my longing for cooler temps, I made this Creamy Stove Top Pork & Zucchini. It was great. I’m already marking it down for winter. I enjoyed it, despite the heat. But something tells me it will be more welcomed on one of those dark dreary days that I’m longing for.
This dish, along with the Pork Medallions in a Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce, and Simmered Pork Sirloin Pot Roast are top top of the list for fall!
Now let’s take a look at the pork.
Notes about the Creamy Stove Top pork & Zucchini
First off all, this was eaten up by everyone at the table. And that means, success. The combination of white wine, Dijon mustard and cooking cream are what give the flavour and it really is delicious.
- I used quite thin cut pork, so if your pork is thick, adjust cooking time accordingly.
- The zucchini I used in this recipe was about a medium size not too big. But you can probably add as much as you like.
- When cooking the vegetables, if they start to stick to the pan, just add a little bit of water to prevent this from happening. You could even splash in a little cooking wine if you prefer.
- To save time, cook the pork while the vegetable dish is finishing off . This will cut your cooking time by almost 10 minutes and worth doing.
Apart from that, easy recipe as usual. Serve this with my Perfect Roast Potatoes for a complete dinner.
Happy cooking friends and enjoy what’s on your doorstep.
Get the recipe!
Creamy Stove Top Pork with Zucchini
- 1 lb Pork loin chops thin cut
- 1 Zucchini diced
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 Cup mushrooms quartered
- 1 Cup white wine
- 1 Cup cooking cream
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2-3 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- Small bunch fresh chopped parsley
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the garlic and olive oil and stir for a minute. Add the mushrooms, zucchini, and onion. Give a good stir and cook until soft, about 10-12 minutes, stir occasionally while cooking. When the vegetables are just about cooked, add the mustard and stir well.
- Add all the cooking wine to the vegetables, reduce heat to low and let reduce by half, about 5-8 minutes. Turn the stove back to medium heat and add all the cooking cream, and black pepper. Stir well and bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low and cover.
- In a separate grill pan set over high heat, add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, Season both sides of the pork with the sea salt. Cook each side for just about 3 minutes. Remove from pan and add to the creamy vegetables. Stir well, cover and leave a couple of minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Leave a Reply