These Fruits of the Forest Mini Bundt Cakes are the perfect individual dessert. Light vanilla cakes filled with fresh whipped cream and topped with cool wild berries. A great dessert for summer.
It’s summer and I seem to have a lot and not a lot going on. I haven’t forgotten about my blog, I just have kids at home full time and the sea beckons just down the road. Normality will return in September when there will be lots more recipes to share.
In the meantime, I did recently make these mini bundt cakes though. Aren’t they sweet?
Way back last fall, I bought these cute little bunt pans and have hardly ever used them. So when I was about to make cupcakes the other week, I saw those pans at the back of the cupboard and thought they would make a nice change.
Notes About The Fruits of the Forest Mini bundt Cakes
- First of all, make sure you grease the pans really well. Otherwise, the cake may stick and be difficult to get out of the pans. Also, when taking them out after they have cooled a bit, you may need to use a butter knife to gently loosen the edges. Then they should just slide out really easy.
- I used frozen berries because those were the ones I had in the house. You could just as easily use whatever berries you have. If using frozen berries, make sure you let them defrost completely and then discard the juice. As the berries contain so much liquid, you will not need any extra.
- Don’t fill and decorate the cakes until ready to serve. They are much prettier this way. And if you do decide to dust with powdered sugar, do this just before it hits the table. Powdered sugar doesn’t hold for too long on fruit before dissolving. Apart from that, they are pretty straight forward and make a nice dessert for any summer dinner party.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Fruits of the Forest Mini Bundt Cakes
For the cake:
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 2/3 Cup granulated white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 Cup milk
- 1 Cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 Cups assorted frozen berries thawed and juice discarded
- Powdered sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease 6 mini bundt pans. Place the bundt pans on a large baking tray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter on high speed until light. Add the sugar all at once and continue mixing until light and fluffy. This will take about 3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time until they are all incorporated. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With three additions, add the flour and milk. Starting and ending with the flour. Stir just long enough to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Using a tablespoon fill each bundt pan about 2/3 way full. Repeat for all pans. Bake in a preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a baking rack to cook for about 10 minutes. Turn each bundt pan over and gently remove the cakes. Leave to completely cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream on high speed until it thickens.
- Fill the center of the bundt cakes with the whipped cream and then top with berries. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Best the day they are made but will keep up to two days in the refrigerator.
Leave a Reply