Summertime calls for refreshing treats. So why not stock up the freezer with these Raspberry & Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops. A delicious low calorie frozen treat made from just Greek yogurt, berries, a little sugar and a dash of vanilla. And they only have 63 calories per pop! A way to keep cool all summer long.
It’s summer!!! Okay, well maybe for a few days now, but in my book summer starts when the kids finish school. That day was today. I remember being a kid and the last day of school felt like never ending freedom. I am sure everyone can relate to that feeling. So, we are a bunch of happy campers in this house today. Ask me how I feel come mid August and I might be singing a different tune. For today, I am going to bask in the freedom and happiness.
I have been making various popsicles and ice creams lately but never seem to get them photographed to make them onto the blog. This afternoon I got myself a bit more organized and managed to take a few snaps before we ate them. Thankfully! These are really fresh and delicious. I love anything frozen when it is a zillion degrees outside, and if it happens to be healthy, well you can’t argue with that.
Notes About The Raspberry & Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
- I made these frozen pops in a Zoku Quick Pop Maker. It literally takes minutes, I mean like 5 minutes to freeze! It is so easy to use, look after and store. I love it! You can just as easily use the old fashioned Popsicle makers and freeze them in the freezer. But I gotta’ say, I am a little bit is love with this no freeze quick freeze one. Great for impatient people like me!
- I hand chopped the berries and stirred them into the yogurt mixture. If you prefer, you could put all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds. It will give you the same texture.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, I simply like the Zoku Quick Pop Maker and all the opinions below are my own.
Here’s a Few More Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Raspberry & Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Pops
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 1 Cup raspberries
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- Put the berries on a large chopping board and finely chop them with a knife. You want pretty fine pieces, so chop until they are quite small. Make sure you don’t let the juice drain off the chopping board as you are cutting them. If it is draining away, collect it in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add the yogurt, water, vanilla and sugar. Mix to combine and stir in chopped berries. Have ready 6 popsicle molds and evenly fill them to the top. Put in freezer until frozen. Depending on temperature of freezer, will take between 6 – 8 hours.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.