Sun Dried Tomato & Pine Nut Bruschetta is a new take on an Italian classic. As much as I love Classic Tomato Bruschetta, this is a great take on something that’s been around forever. Sun dried tomatoes, caramelized onions and pine nuts make a great change from the norm!
I can’t express how wonderful this new bruschetta recipe turned out. You just got to try it! Okay, if you love all the ingredients…hahaha! But come on, you just can’t go wrong. It’s a real winning combination.
Not going to lie, I was a bit of a late bloomer to sun dried tomatoes. To be honest, i just didn’t get them. I mean what was wrong with good ol’ fresh tomatoes? Well, nothing really. But isn’t it nice to try out something different every so often.
So if you find yourself reaching for a whole tomato, why not grab a jar of punchy sun dried tomatoes for a bit of variety.
I hope you all like the recipe and embrace the new! Happy cooking friends and I’ll be back real soon!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get The Recipe!
Sun Dried Tomato & Pine Nut Bruschetta
- 1 whole baguette cut into 12 slices
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 Cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 Tablespoon pine nuts toasted
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 Clove garlic crushed
- Sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- A few basil leaves for garnish
- 1/2 Cup water
- First caramelize your onions. In a medium skillet set over a high heat add the olive oil and the onions. Cook over high heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the onions have browned. Remember to stir during this process. Now reduce to medium and splash in some of the water. Let water evaporate and then splash in a bit more . Continue this process until you have used all of your water and the onions are completely caramelized. They will be soft to touch, dark golden in colour and sweet to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add your sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts, garlic, onions, parmesan cheese and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large non stick skillet set over a medium-high heat, add the butter. When the butter has melted, add all the bread slices to the pan. Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes or until they are start to toast. Remove from pan.
- Top each bread slice with about a tablespoon of your mixture. Place on a high rack in a preheated 350 degree F oven. Bake for about 5-7 minutes. Remove and serve immediately. They loose their crunch quite quickly, so I don’t recommend letting them sit around too long.
Leave a Reply