Looking to add a new kebab to your next barbecue? Well, why not give these classic Barbecue Beef Kebabs a try! We had them just recently and they were a huge hit. Take a look!
I went on the hunt for a great marinade recipe recently and I hit the jackpot. I chose the very first marinade recipe I found and it was from Cooking Classy.
Thanks to the Cooking Classy marinade, I got a keeper of a recipe to share with you all. These were excellent. We loved them and will be making them again pretty soon.
A perfect addition to any summer cook out! I absolutely love kebabs in the summer time. Recipes like this one and my Teriyaki Chicken Skewers & a Charred Pepper Salad are great all summer long.
- Beef – I used sirloin tip but you can use another kind of beef. For this recipe I cut it into about 1 inch pieces
- Fresh – white onion. Yellow or red onions will work as well
- Marinade – olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, honey, Dijon mustard, garlic salt and pepper.
REMEMBER, The full recipe and instructions can be found at the end of the post in the recipe card.
Notes about the Barbecue Beef Kebabs
- First of all, I marinaded this for only two hours and it was still tasty and tender. I imagine if I had the time to marinade it for longer, it would have been even better. So, it can’t be done with little planning!
- Goes without saying, the better the cut of meat, the better the kebab. I went middle of the road and used sirloin tip steak and it worked really well. You could try a cheaper cut of meat, but I would marinade for overnight to get the best results.
- Also, I only made four in this recipe, but you can easily double, triple and so on. Just up the marinade ingredients if using more beef.
- You can add peppers to your skewers, I just happened to opt for onions. When putting the onions on the skewers, use 3-4 slices per section. Not only for flavour but to prevent burning.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 1/2 hour before using. This should help prevent them from burning while cooking.
- These were cooked over a medium to high heat charcoal barbecue. If using gas, cook over a similar temperature. Cooking time will vary according to how well you like them done. We like them well done and they were cooked in 15 minutes. So, cook accordingly.
That just about sums up the tasty kebabs. Happy cooking friends and enjoy the start of barbecue season!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sirloin, like I used is great. It’s tender and not too expensive. Other great choices are strip steak, tenderloin or flat iron steak.
You can use them, but I strongly recommend soaking them for at least 30 minutes before using them. This will prevent them from catching on fire while trilling.
Get the recipe!
Barbecue Beef Kebabs
- 1 lb Beef cut into cubes (I used sirloin tip)
- 1 large white onion cut into large pieces
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt. Stir well.
- Add the beef to the marinade and coat all the pieces in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours to overnight.
- Remove beef from fridge 1/2 hour before cooking.
- Arrange beef on skewers with chopped onions.
- Cook over a preheated medium to high barbecue to your liking of doneness. Spoon over extra marinade while cooking.
- Serve on their own or with your sauce of choice.