Fancy up some leftovers and make these Grown up Turkey Wraps with a Dill Sauce. By using leftover turkey these delicious wraps came together in no time at all!
Looking for a great idea to use up some leftover turkey? Well, this easy recipe has got you covered. These wraps were amazing. And yes, they are for grown ups!
Why grown up wraps? I am calling them grown up wraps because they have walnuts, apples, manchego cheese and Dill Sauce along with a whole bunch of other stuff. I can honestly say hands down this is the BEST sandwich (err…wrap) I have eaten in a long time. And I mean the best!
This recipe is so easy, like really easy. Using precooked turkey, the cooking is already done and you just need to chop up some stuff and put it together.
I didn’t include the making of the dill sauce in the recipe card below but you can see if here. Or you can click Dill Sauce to take you to the recipe on the blog. That recipe makes too much for this recipe but it keeps for about 3 days in the fridge and goes great with fish of any kind and wonderful with smoked salmon. We will be having that tomorrow.
Recipe For Dill Sauce
- 1/2 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Greek yogurt
- Freshly chopped fresh dill it has to be fresh (use as much as you like)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 Garlic clove crushed
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Add all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Top with a small amount of fresh dill sprigs to serve. This can be covered and kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Almost forgot the type of apples used. I used Fuji apples because they are crunchy and sweet. I recommend using a sweet not tart apple in this recipe as the recipe has enough tartness from the dill sauce. The sweetness of the Fuji apple is so delicious.
Normally I am always a fan of substitution. If you snoop around here much, you will notice that. That being said, I am saying make this recipe exactly how it is written because it is totally delicious and I don’t want you to miss out on any of the flavours. For a change, don’t change a thing!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Grown Up Turkey Wraps with a Dill Sauce
- 6 oz turkey breast cooked
- 1 Tomato diced
- 1/2 Apple sliced and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 strips bacon cooked and roughly chopped
- 3 oz Manchego cheese cut into thin slices
- 4 Tortilla wraps
- 1/3 Cup Dill sauce
- 1/3 Cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Shredded Romaine Lettuce
- Cut the turkey in strips or pull apart in small pieces.
- Lay out the flour tortillas. Layer each one evenly with lettuce, turkey, tomatoes, cheese, walnuts, apples, bacon and drizzle over the dill sauce. Wrap up and serve. Easy!
- Note: These can be made ahead, wrapped in foil and refrigerated up to about 6-8 hours before serving.