Time to break out the drinks, snacks and dips because it’s Friday! If you have 10 free minutes, you can make this super easy and delicious Nacho Cheese Dip. Move over “jar sauce”, this home made version made with natural ingredients is moving in to stay!
How do you spend your Friday nights? I have been giving this some serious thinking lately as it seems I get excited for Friday nights because I spend it on the sofa! I favour sofa snacks over dinner out, pj’s over high heels and dormancy over liveliness.
I’m all about staying in with a good movie, some great food and maybe a glass or two of wine. Life being a grown up. Not too shabby I’d say.
And if you can enjoy great food like this Nacho Cheese Dip, I’m all in. If you love Nachos, take a look at my Loaded Veggie Nachos, they are pretty great as well.
Here’s a Few Other Dips You Might Like
Notes About The Nacho Cheese Dip
- It’s takes a total of 10 minutes and it has so few ingredients. It is a million times better than any jar dip and I think anyone can make it at home with ease.
- I used sharp cheddar which worked really well for this sauce. You can replace it with another cheese if you prefer. I did use whole milk as it gives a richer dip. You can easily substitute semi skimmed if it’s what you have or prefer.
- The basis for making this dip, is starting with a roux sauce. So easy to do and if you follow the very easy recipe below, you shouldn’t have any problems.
- You can make this in advance and put it in the fridge. When reheating, put the dip in a small saucepan set over low heat. Stir constantly until the dip has melted completely then remove from heat. If you do this too quickly over high heat, you will risk curdling the sauce.
Happy Friday and enjoy that sofa!!!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Nacho Cheese Dip
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 2 Tablespoon flour
- 1 Cup milk
- 1 1/2 Cups cheddar
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon chili powder
- In a medium saucepan set over medium to high heat add the butter until melted. Whisk in the flour quickly until a paste forms. Reduce heat to medium low and continue stirring and cooking the flour for about a minute.
- Gradually start pouring in the milk whisking as you pour. It will start to thicken as you stir and it cooks. Once you have added all the milk, continue stirring until it thickens about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and all the the cheese at once. Stir until the cheese is completely melted, Season with salt and chili powder. Stir well and serve immediately.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.