Quick dinners are great for summer. So if you have to cook, why not make it quick. And what better way than with a stir fry. This Spicy Shrimp & Noodle Stir Fry is done in a hurry and absolutely full of flavour with a spicy kick!
I seem to be spending less time worrying and fussing over all the small stuff that usually picks away. Okay, I still let some things creep in and niggle away, but overall I’m not sweating the small stuff. For example, right now my dining room is a mess and I am not hurrying out there to clear it away. I do not suffer from OCD by the way. I really don’t. My house is full of dirt, pet fur, unwashed dishes, piled up laundry, and overflowing garbage. And that’s usually on a good day. I do make an effort, but usually by the time the effort is made there is more piles of stuff to take care of.
So for the time being, I am focusing on summer one day at a time and it’s going pretty good. Another day trip on the cards tomorrow and I’m looking forward to getting away and leaving the messy house in the rear-view mirror for a day.
And right now, I have a stir fry. A very good, quick and easy stir fry.
I actually cooked this today for lupper. Which is lunch meets supper for those that don’t understand my lingo. I missed lunch and couldn’t hold out to dinner in the dark. So this happened at around 5:00 pm. Which by the way was supper time growing up. Now in my far away land, 5:00 pm is cake and coffee time. But today, it really was my supper time, which is probably why I’m starving now at exactly nine minutes past ten. Note taken.
Stir Fry Notes
The key to making stir frying quick, is being organized. Or at least trying to be organized..ha!
Get all of your stuff on the counter in front of you so you can see what’s what. It really does save time when you do it this way.
I like to get everything going at the same time so that it cuts down on the actual cooking time. This is super quick once you get it on the stove so make sure everything is prepped, chopped and ready to go.
I used vermicelli rice noodles which are super thin and cook in about three minutes. Don’t over cook them for they will end up being a clumpy mess. Again, I speak from experience.
I cooked the noodles when the vegetables were cooking in the wok. Then I just drained them and set them aside.
It is honestly a super quick and tasty dish. It isn’t too spicy, so if you want more of a kick, add a bit for chilli.
Happy cooking friends and enjoy summer.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Spicy Shrimp & Noodle Stir Fry
- 24 Shrimp approx, peeled and de veined
- 6 ounces Rice noodles vermicelli noodles
- 1 Carrot finely diced
- 2 Spring onions finely diced
- 1/3 Cup Teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 1 hot chili finely chopped
- Small bunch fresh cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- Cook noodles in boiling water for about 3-4 minutes. Rinse, drain and set aside.
- In a wok set over medium to high heat, add the sesame oil and bring it up to temperature for around 30 seconds. Add the garlic and chili and give a good stir. Let cook for about a minute. Add the chopped carrots and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes. Pour in the teriyaki sauce and give a good stir. Add noodles, spring onions, cilantro and sesame seeds. Give a good stir around and remove from heat.
- Serve immediately. Can be served with extra spring onions, cilantro and sesame seeds for garnish if desired.