This Avocado & Corn Salad would make a great addition on your summer dinner table all summer long. Using all fresh ingredients like avocado, corn cherry tomatoes and spring onions, it just says summer.
There is an expression about salads, “It’s all about the dressing.” Well, I kinda’ got to agree with this. Without a salad dressing what do you have really? A bunch of ingredients swilling around a bowl with no connection to each other.
Anyway, you add the dressing and a little kind of magic happens. That’s how it went for this super simple yet delicious salad. It was all down to the Lemon Vinaigrette. Supposed to be lime, but I didn’t have those. The lemon filled in perfectly and the dressing salad combo was the tastiest I’ve had in a while. Time to get your salad on!
This salad is so simple yet so flavoursome. It probably wouldn’t have made our picnic table growing up, and I doubt my 10 year old self would have eaten it anyway. Flash forward a whole bunch of decades and I am willing to try just about anything in a salad. Just about. This is a simple combo with great flavours. Put together in 10 minutes and downright summer worthy!
Notes About The Salad
- Yes, you can make the dressing in advance. Because this is a vinaigrette dressing, it will keep in the fridge up to a week in an airtight jar.
- The Salad is best served fresh. This Salad has fresh Avocado which will brown once exposed to air. You an prep the entire salad in advance and add the avocado just before serving.
Here’s Some More Recipes You’ll Want to Check Out
- Warm Chicken & Avocado Salad
- Mango & Avocado Spring Salad with a Honey Lime Dressing
- Chicken & Avocado Salad Cups
Get the recipe!
Avocado & Corn Salad
For the salad:
- 2 ears corn corn cut off the cob (cooked)
- 1 Pint cherry tomatoes quartered
- 2 Avocados diced
- 1 Spring onion finely chopped
- 1/2 White onion diced small
For the dressing:
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1/4 Teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- Small bunch of fresh coriander finely chopped
For The Salad
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
For The dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk. Pour dressing over salad and stir to coat all the vegetables.
- This salad is best served fresh.
Leave a Reply