The ultimate perfect Chewy Chocolate Brownies! If you love brownies, add these to your baking list this fall and you won’t be disappointed.
So, I’ve been making brownies for years and years and even more years. I never felt they needed improvement and was always happy with the results. That recipe for my Chocolate Brownies has been on the blog for a few years now and I never thought to play around with what I deemed “The Perfect Brownie.” You know how the expression goes, if it works don’t fix it right? Well sometimes even perfect can be made better.
Okay, so if you have been following along with my blog, you will probably have noticed that I don’t talk about special kitchen equipment, gadgets or brands. I’m pretty basic with what I use in my kitchen and have learnt over the years that a good sharp knife is just a good as any fancy chopping machine you can buy and a mixing bowl is just a mixing bowl. I don’t care who endorsed it, I really don’t.
However, I’m breaking all my rules for this post…….eeek!
PAMPERED Chef Brownie Pan
A few years ago I was invited to a Pampered Chef party. If you don’t know what Pampered Chef is, well it’s a product range of all kind of kitchen stuff. From gadgets, to utensils, to dishes and so much more. You name it and they got it, for a price of course. Anyway, I went along as it was an event and I never turn down an invitation…haha!
As with all these events, there is never a free lunch. Of course you are expected to buy something. After perusing the catalogue for far too long and seeing far too many gadgets that I knew I would never use, dish collections adding up to more zeros than I had in my pocket and lots of cute little gift ideas that I would never give to anyone, I settled on a brownie pan. I honestly just needed to buy something so I didn’t look like a total free loader. The brownie pan looked useful and it didn’t break the bank.
One Brownie Pan on it’s way.
Still Use It All The Time
That was three years ago. And guess what? I made brownies in that pan for the very first time about a month ago. True story.
However, I did use it for so many other things so it wasn’t a total duff and wasted purchase. I just never ever thought to use a “brownie pan” for brownies. Ummm.
Anyway, long story short, I made brownies in the pan and they were the best brownies I ever made. Fact. Okay, I did alter the recipe slightly by way of ingredients and the method, but just slightly. I made them now six times in the past month in this pan and every single time massive success. And yes, I’m also aware that’s a lot of brownies to get through. Well, only 36 really…ha!
All tasters of the brownies have claimed they are the best yet. And I like I said, I have prided myself in my original brownies. But now I may never turn back.
Let’s take a look.
Notes about the brownies
- First and foremost, I used the Pampered Chef Brownie Pan for these brownies. That needs to be said, because I feel it helped give them the great results that were achieved.
- Make sure the butter and eggs are at room temperature. Always important to get the best results in baking.
- Melt the chocolate and butter slowly and you don’t want it to bubble or boil. As soon as it’s melted, remove it from the heat.
- Only mix the eggs and sugar until it’s basically combined, about 30 seconds. It will just be slightly foamy.
- When you add the flour, just sit it until it is incorporated. You don’t want to over mix as this will give you more of a cake texture and you are looking for something much more dense.
- And last, but certainly not least, don’t over bake the brownies! A toothpick inserted will come out with wet crumbs.
Time to make some brownies.
Happy baking friends and sometimes gimmicks and gadgets work out better than you might think.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- 6 oz dark chocolate chopped
- 1 Cup butter
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 Cup flour
- Pinch salt
- Powdered sugar for dusting optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an individual brownie pan.
- Add the salt to the flour, mix well and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan set over medium to low heat, add the chocolate and the butter. Stir until it melts and remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Whisk until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the melted chocolate butter mixture to the mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Sift in the flour and stir until just combined.
- Pour evenly into 12 individual brownie tins. Bake for about 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out with moist crumbs.
- Remove from oven and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
- Will keep in an airtight container for about three days.