I have officially found my new favourite muffin! Yes, I do say that quite often about way too many foods, I know. But these Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins were fantastic and I am already itching to make them again. Don’t take my word for it, give them a try!
There is no end to what you can put in a muffin. Really! And I can’t seem to believe I’ve waited this long to make these muffins. I’ve made versions of them before like my Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, but not this exact muffins. They were gone in no time at our place and I’ll be making them again really soon.
These muffins couldn’t be tastier if they tried. They were, in my little opinion, the best muffins I have had in a while. Now, I know this combination has been around forever and ever. Well, in my memory since 1989. That may as well be forever. Whenever I say “Oh, back in the 80s…..” my kids cringe.
In any case, this was first time ever making this combination in a muffin although I have eaten my fair share back in……..you can fill in the blank on that one.
If You Like These, be Sure To check out These As Well
- Vanilla Zucchini Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Loaf Cake
- Walnut Topped Double Chocolate Muffins
- Double Chocolate Cupcakes
There isn’t a whole lot to say about the recipe itself as it’s pretty easy and straightforward. I would say that I used a medium sized zucchini. So, if yours is quite large, just use about 1/2 or a 1/3 or it and that will be enough. Also, baking time varies from oven to oven. That is something I keep repeating myself on. Sorry to be a broken record. The key to a good baking story is a good oven!
Happy Baking friends and I’ll be back really soon with more delicious food to share.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- 2 Cups plain flour
- 1 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups/250 grams), peeled, seeds taken out and grated
- 1 1/4 Cups brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 12 muffin tins. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk until just combined, about a minute.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined, about a minute. Stir in Zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Evenly spoon batter among 12 muffins cups. Bake between 15 – 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs.
- Will store in an airtight container for about 3 days.