Here’s a perfect light and tasty Summer Berry Salad. A fresh and nutritious salad filled with strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and fresh ripe mango. This fruit salad is great on it’s own, served with yogurt or cream or even with pancakes and waffles at the breakfast table.
Just yesterday, I posted a recipe for a Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad. And I did say, I’ll be making a lot of salads in the coming months. So what better salad to share next than this Summer Berry Salad!
This salad is so fresh, light and just perfect. Much like my fresh Mango & Berry Smoothie, this one’s a keeper. And if you’re looking for something a little fancier, check out my Boozy Fruit Cups.
This is great at breakfast, brunch or as a dessert. Fresh cream or Greek yogurt would be a great addition if serving as a light dessert. You could serve it alongside Blueberry Pancakes, Breakfast Waffles or Crepes for a pretty fantastic breakfast.
- Berries – I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Fruit – A ripe mango and juice of an orange
REMEMBER, The full recipe and instructions is always found at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- Combine ingredients – In a large bowl combine the berries, mango and orange juice. Stir really well to combine.
- Refrigerate – it’s best to refrigerate this salad for about an hour before serving to let the flavours enhance..
- Serve – You can serve this straight from the fridge or let it sit to room temperature if you prefer.
- The fresh mint and squeeze of orange juice give this fruit salad extra flavour. Mint seems to go so well with berries of all types.
- This salad uses ripe berries and mangoes to give it the best flavour. Make sure when choosing your mango, you get a ripe one. Ripe mangoes smell slightly and when you touch the top, they will be slightly soft.
- It is best to make this and chill it for at least one hour. Don’t skip the chilling time, it helps enhance the flavours. Also, it taste great chilled
Substitutions and other Flavours
- Berries -I used a combinations of fresh strawberries, blueberries raspberries in this recipe. They all go so well together. But you easily add blackberries or black currants if you have those.
- Fruit – I used mango because they are available and ripe at the moment. If you find them too expensive or unavailable, pineapple or any kind of melon would be a great substitution in this summer berry salad.
- Juice – I thought orange juice went well to combine the entire salad. Feel free to add a little grapefruit or lime juice into the mix to add some tartness.
- Herbs – I didn’t use any herbs in this salad but fresh mint would be wonderful.
Frequently Asked Questions
Berry salads will last about three days in an airtight container in the fridge.
It’s not a great idea to freeze berry salads. The berries will not be fresh tasting when they have defrosted.
The best way to do this is to toss the fruit in some kind of citrus juice like orange, lemon, lime or grapefruit.
Summer Berry Salad
- 1 large mango roughly cut into slices
- 2 Cups strawberries halved
- 1 Cup blueberries
- 1 Cup raspberries
- Juice of one orange
- In a large bowl combine the berries, mango and orange juice. Stir really well to combine..
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour before serving to let the flavours enhance.
- You can serve this straight from the fridge or let it sit to room temperature if you prefer.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.