Here’s the perfect little crispy potato coated in herbs and topped with fresh parmesan cheese. These Crispy Oven Roasted Parmesan Baby Potatoes are a perfect side dish to accompany summer barbecues or winter roasts.
Okay, so we’re really nearing the end of August and I almost can’t believe it. In many ways, this seems like it’s been the longest summer ever. And then I can’t believe we’re heading into September next week. Which I’m ready for and longing for in more ways than one. Especially when it comes to food.
These potatoes would go so great with the Pork Medallions in a Dijon Mustard Sauce, the Turkey & Mushrooms in a Creamy White Sauce or the Lemon Rosemary Slow Cooker Chicken. Or if you’re looking for something on the seafood side, why not take a look at the Zesty Pan Seared Salmon. Both great options. And we love them with the Chicken Cutlet Sandwiches with Roasted Italian Peppers.
I recently got my first ever slow cooker! I know!!! I’ve tried it out a few times and am in love. Can’t wait to start cooking and sharing comfort food in the coming months ahead.
And with that said, let’s look at these comforting potatoes!
All basic, easy and fresh ingredients. I used baby potatoes, but some of them were quite large so I cut them in half. You can use red potatoes or even a larger roasting potato if that’s what you have. If you choose to use a large roasting potato make sure to cut them into about 2 inch pieces to ensure proper cooking.
Then we just have our herbs, spices, butter, parsley and parmesan. Full recipe can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.Jump to Recipe
Let’s Get Cooking
First preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and have ready a large baking tray. We’re not using that stuff yet, but we will so keep reading.
In a large skillet placed over medium to high heat, add the butter until it melts. Add the potatoes and toss them in the butter to coat completely. Reduce heat to medium and allow the potatoes to cook for 18 – 20 minutes until they are getting soft and quite golden.
Add The seasonings
Add the garlic, paprika, thyme. rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well and let it cook for just a few minutes to let the flavours enhance. About 2 – 3 minutes.
Time to Roast The Potatoes
Now it’s time to tip the potatoes onto the baking tray and get them finished off in the oven. The best part.
Time to Use That Cheese
Just a little bit about the cheese, use FRESH grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe. Don’t substitute the stuff that comes in a shaker can or the packet. You will not get the same results and will end in a very disappointing. So, remember real Parmesan!
Top with cheese and parsley
Sprinkle the cheese and parsley evenly over and then pop it in the oven to finish it off. The potatoes should be fully cooked between 10 – 15 minutes.
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes Fresh From the Oven
Fresh out of the oven and dee-licious. Everyone at our place loves potatoes, especially crispy potatoes. So, if you’re like us, make these and you will NOT be disappointed. The combination of the butter, herbs and parmesan just make them that much better than regular roasted potatoes.
Looking for More Potato Dishes
- Crispy Garlic Potatoes with a Creamy Chive Dip
- Thyme & Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- Perfect Roast Potatoes
- Old Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
- Roasted Potato & Cherry Tomato Salad
- Parmesan and Garlic Potato Wedges
- Potato & Spinach Gratin
Hope you all like the potatoes and get a chance to make them sometime soon. I’m really hoping to get another recipe out your way tomorrow. I have a ton of other blog stuff to get done but if time is on my side, I’m going to get that recipe finished off. It’s for a super quick and easy Summer Tomato Tart! See, we’re not quite finished with summer yet.
Okay friends happy cooking and see you all soon!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get The Recipe!
Crispy Oven Roasted Parmesan Baby Potatoes
- 2 lbs baby potatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan finely grated
- small bunch fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 C.
- Set a large skillet on the stove top over a medium to high heat. Add butter until it melts and toss in the potatoes. Give a good toss and reduce heat to medium. Cook potatoes for about 20 minutes or until they are pretty soft and golden.
- Add the garlic, paprika, rosemary, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir well and allow the flavours to enhance for a few minutes.
- Pour the potatoes onto the baking tray and evenly top with the parmesan cheese and parsley. Roast for 15 minutes or until completely cooked through, golden and parmesan has melted.
- Remove from oven and serve.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.
- I used baby potatoes but you can use other varieties. Just make sure they are about 2 inch pieces to ensure proper cooking.
- Olive oil can be substituted for butter if you prefer.
- Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe NOT the stuff that comes in the shaker can or small packets.