It wouldn’t be summer without a great chicken sandwich. These Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches made with a store bought deli chicken and put together with some salad greens and baguette bread are just what you need.
Not a summer goes by and I don’t make this salad at least once. I love it! Usually, I am not overly keen on creamy salads but I do love this chicken salad. I think I have been making variations of it for years and years now and each time it seems to change. I have a recipe for a Roasted Chicken Salad that’s served with salad leave cups and it’s fantastic! This time, I took a few extra minutes to make sure to write it all down to share.
Notes About The Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I call these Easy Chicken sandwiches because I used a bought deli chicken. It doesn’t get a whole lot easier than buying a store bought chicken to make a great recipe. But yes you can make your own chicken. Here’s how.
- If you like, you could just roast two chicken breasts and do it that way. Just season the chicken with salt, pepper and drizzle over a little olive oil. Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- You could also use my recipe for my Oven Roasted Rotisserie Style Chicken, it’s amazing!
And if you love Chicken Sandwiches, you need to check out The Best Chicken Sandwiches…yum!
how To Serve These Sandwiches
I think these sandwiches make for great picnic food. If you are taking them on a picnic, don’t put them together until you are about to serve them, otherwise the bread will go soggy and the salad will wilt. Not great. Also, make sure to keep the chicken in a chilled cool bag. I know I am stating the obvious, but just in case!
Okay friends, that just about sums up this quick and easy summer recipe. If you try them out, let me know I’d love to hear from you. And enjoy a Margarita or a Mojito on the side, why not! Happy cooking and I’ll see you all soon.
Here’s Some More Great Recipes You’ll Love
Get the recipe!
Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 small chicken
- 2 ribs Celery chopped
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- Small bunch of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 Teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Baguette
- Arugula or baby leaf lettuce
- Take apart the chicken, discarding the skin, bones and fatty bits. You can chop the chicken or just pull it apart in pieces with your fingers. Set the chicken aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, spring onion, parsley, rosemary, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Add the chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on baguette bread with fresh salad leaves.