These Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers are such a great accompaniment to many different dishes. Simple Italian peppers, seasoned with sea salt and drizzled with olive oil and roasted in the oven. Easy and delicious!
If you’ve never tired Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers, give them a go and you won’t be disappointed. I’ve been making them forever and they are always delicious. Great as a side dish to a barbecue. on sandwiches, as an appetizer or served on a platter with Spanish jamon. Also great with the Moroccan Spiced Pork Kebabs. They are so versatile and I’m pretty sure we’ve enjoyed them in every way imaginable.
I’ve even served them alongside the Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish Omelette), and that’s always a hit!
You Only Need Three Ingredients to Make These Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers
- Italian green peppers
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
REMEMBER, the full recipe and instructions is always found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How to Cook The Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f/180 degrees c
- Have ready a large baking tray
- Place the peppers on the baking tray in a single layer
- Pierce each pepper a few times with a fork
- Sprinkle over sea salt
- Drizzle over olive oil
- Roast for about 35 – 45 minutes, turning half way through.
- Peppers will be done when they are completely soft and charred.
Fresh Out Of The Oven And Ready To Serve
Serve these roasted peppers straight out of the oven and you won’t be disappointed. Delish!
What’s a Great Way To Serve These Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers
- As an Appetizer – these are fantastic all on their own and you can just serve them with other appetizers like olives, cheese and bread.
- Serve with a Main Course – Great served alongside a main course. I’ve used them in the Chicken Drumsticks with Italian Roasted Peppers and The Best Chicken Sandwiches.
Can I fry The Peppers
I always roast them in the oven, but you can just as easily shallow fry them in vegetable oil if you want to go down that route. Also delicious, but I find the oven version less greasy and just as much flavour as frying them.
Make some peppers and love them like we do.
However you choose to serve these Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers, they are a great dish. I hope you get a chance to make them and enjoy them as much as we do. Did I mention how great they go with a barbecue as well! A side I almost never forget to make with Grilled Barbecue Chicken Skewers.
Happy cooking friends and see you all soon!
Here’s Some More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers
- 1 lb Italian green peppers
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a sharp knife, pierce the peppers in about 2 or 3 places. Place the peppers in a shallow rimmed terracotta dish, drizzle over the olive oil and toss over the salt. Roast for 20 minutes then remove from oven and turn them all over. Roast for a further 15 minutes or until completely soft and a caramelized colour on the peppers.
- Remove from oven and serve straight away. These can be served with almost anything. We like them as a side to barbecues, on sandwiches, to accompany a selection of tapas, and much more!