These Sauteed Green Beans with Black Olives are a great way to fancy up regular ol’ green beans. Put together quickly and they taste great!
It’s spring and green beans are just about everywhere around here. I love the simplicity of green beans. I also love their versatility. They can be added to pretty much anything you like and make for a great side dish all on their own. Here in this dish, I sautéed them with black olives and spring onions. The black olives give a very distinct flavour to the dish that you just got to try!
This is just another example of how great food doesn’t have to be complex or difficult. It goes great with Pan Fried Perch with Green Sauce. That was how we served it today.
And if you like these, you might want to take a look at the Parmesan Topped Green Beans. A great alternative as well.
Hope you like the recipe and you get a chance to give it a try. Let me know if you make it, I’d love to hear from you.
Happy cooking friends!
Sauteed Green Beans with Black Olives
- 1 large bunch fresh green beans trimmed and cleaned
- 1/4 cup black olives pitted and sliced
- 1 large spring onion finely slices cross ways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- Sea salt to taste
- Blanch the beans and then steam for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Heat a large skillet and add olive oil, garlic and spring onion. Cook for about 5 minutes or until browned an slightly softened. Add the beans and reduce heat to medium. Cook for about 7-8 minutes or until the beans have reached a tenderness that you like. Add black olives and give a quick stir. Remove from heat and serve. Simple and delicious!
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.