Why not take your appetizer to the next level with this Spanish Serrano Ham and Cured Cheese Bruschetta. A fantastic flavour of aged cheese and thinly sliced Serrano on top of crisp bread!
Well friends we are rapidly approaching that time of year when we’ll be busting out the party canapes. I personally love all things small and cute. I believe finger food can be the centerpiece of any occasion.
And Bruschetta is always a great place to start! This Spanish style Bruschetta was a total hit and I served some of my Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers with this spread and they were great too! And I’ve served them in the past alongside my Empanada de Carne (Spiced Beef Patties), a real hit! Next time I think a pitcher of my Summer Sangria would be great as well.
If you aren’t into serving bruschetta, why not! There are endless options of what you can put on top of a piece of crisp bread. Anything. I linked a few below for you, if these aren’t your thing. But these really are amazing.
I live here in Southern Spain where Serrano Ham and Cured Cheese are local obviously. So, for me, these items are expensive or difficult to find. But you might be able to find them in your supermarket as well. And if not, just use another type of aged cheese and salty ham. Easy.
If You Like These, Here’s Some Other Recipes You might Like to Take A Look At
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Apple Bruschetta
- Mediterranean Bruschetta
- Fried Goats Cheese & Caramelized Onion Bruschetta
- Spanish Ham & Cured Cheese Bites
Notes About The Spanish Serrano Ham and Cured Cheese Bruschetta
- Like I just said, if you can’t find these products in your supermarket, substitute another type of strong aged cheese and thin sliced ham. The Italian prosciutto would work really well.
- These are fantastic served fresh. I would recommend you crisp the bread and assemble just before serving.
Give them a try if you are looking for something a little different than Tomato Bruschetta. If you make them and love them, let me know. And let me know if you don’t like them….hahaha.
Have a great day and I’ll be back real soon with more delicious food.
Happy cooking friends.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Spanish Serrano Ham and Cured Cheese Bruschetta
- 1 baguette cut into 12 slices
- 6 Slices Serrano ham cut in half
- 12 slices Spanish cured cheese thin sliced
- Handful fresh arugula
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Drizzle olive oil over baking tray. Lay all the bread on the baking tray and rub in the olive oil on both sides. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove from oven and top with arugula, cheese and ham. Drizzle a little olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Serve immediately.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.