Why not make this Tri Bell Pepper Mini Pizza this weekend! A great way to entertain kids and adults alike as everyone will love this quick and easy little pizzas. Topped with Marinara Sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh bell peppers for a delicious lunch or snack on the go.
I love pizza! And it doesn’t get a whole lot cuter than these colourful little mini pizzas. With minimal mozzarella and lots of fresh peppers they are much lighter than your traditional pizza. But hey, it’s still pizza and it pretty darn tasty!
What we Need to Make The Tri Bell Pepper Mini Pizzas
- I’m using premade Pizza Dough and Pizza Sauce for this recipe. Yes, you can use store bought pizza dough. Just keep in mind the pizza base will be differentiation from this recipe if you buy dough.
- If making the dough and pizza sauce fresh, keep in mind this will add a lot of additional time to the recipe.
- Pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- mozzarella cheese grated
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper diced
- Green pepper diced
- Yellow pepper diced
- Arugula leaves for garnish
Why Make Tri Bell Pepper Mini Pizzas
Why mini pizzas you ask? For no other reason than they are just too cute. But seriously, these would make a great party table idea. Also great with kids. You could even get them to do their own. Kids love stuff like that. Well, not mine, but I hear other kids like making stuff with their moms. I can dream.
Everything can be made and prepped in advance
Like I said before, make the pizza dough in advance. If you are choosing to make your own pizza sauce, do that in advance as well. The sauce making does take a bit of time. I do large batches and preserve it. I normally do that 3 to 4 times a year. I should by more canning jars, because then I might just do one huge batch and be done with it for life. Okay, that might be a bit of a stretch but you get the idea. Then you are good to do.
If all else fails, you could buy dough…eek. Still, the mini pizzas are a great idea and fun to make. Because I love vegetable based pizzas, this time I went with straight bell peppers, a hint of cheese and fresh arugula to finish it off. They were delicious.
And the Pizza Pocket Bites are great as well.
Here’s Some More Recipes You’ll Want to Check Out
Tri Bell Pepper Mini Pizzas
- 24 oz Pizza dough
- 2 Cups pizza sauce
- 2 Cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 Red pepper diced
- 1 Green pepper diced
- 1 Yellow pepper diced
- Arugula leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place the oven rack at the lowest setting. Have ready a large baking sheet.
- Divide the pizza dough ball into 16 equal parts. Then roll each one into ball. With a rolling pin, roll out each ball to about 4- 5 inches. Repeat for all dough balls. Place the pizza bases on your baking sheet. You may need to do this in batches, depending on oven space.
- Place a spoonful of sauce on each pizza base and spread it out leaving a small edge on the outside. Sprinkle with oregano, peppers and top with cheese.
- Cook in the oven for about 8 minutes or until risen and golden on the top.
- Remove from oven and top with a few fresh arugula leaves. Serve immediately.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.