These Pizza Pocket Bites are so easy the kids can make them. By using leftover Pizza Dough and Pizza Sauce, you can put these together quickly. You could just as easily buy the stuff for this quick and tasty snack. Think about these pizza bites the next time you are entertaining. They are sure to be a hit!
What kid, or adult for that matter, doesn’t love pizza pockets? When I was a teen, I remember heading for the freezer after school to get that box out and fire up the microwave. I loved the pepperoni kind the most. Nothing filled that after school hunger like those Pizza Pockets.
So, I recently had a thought, why not make my own. By using my Homemade Pizza Dough that was leftover, and Pizza Sauce in the fridge, these came together pretty quick. Let’s take a look.
What we Need To Make The Pizza Pocket Bites
We’re using JUST 4 INGREDIENTS to make these. And yes, you can use store bought pizza dough and marinara sauce. No problem.
- 12 oz pizza dough
- Pizza sauce
- Mozzarella cheese shredded
Can I use Store Bought Sauce And Dough for This Recipe
Yes, you can! The beauty about this recipe is that you don’t have to make from scratch Pizza Dough or Pizza Sauce.
Keep in mind if you choose to make your own from scratch pizza dough and sauce, it will add a considerable amount of time to this recipe. This recipe is all about quick and easy. So, I would say if you are planning to make your dough and sauce from scratch, make it in advance.
Did you know that you can freeze fresh pizza dough? Check out my Pizza Dough recipe and remember you can just pop it in the freezer when it’s done and then the hard work is done when you want to dive into a delicious pizza. Homemade Pizza Sauce Will Keep for up to weeks in the fridge.
These little bites came about because I had leftovers on hand from making pizza recently. Which, by the way, has turned into a bit of a weekly habit. Which also means my sneakers have been getting more use…ha!
In any case, these are so easy and tasty. I think they would go great on party buffet table even. They can easily be eaten at room temperature but they are better straight out of the oven. Enjoy!
And if you’re looking for something more of a meal, check out my Homemade Pepperoni Calzones.
Here’s Some More Recipes To Try
Pizza Pocket Bites
- 12 oz pizza dough
- 1 Cup pizza sauce
- 1 Cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 Teaspoon oregano
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and have ready a large baking tray.
- On a clean surface, roll out the dough to approximately a large pizza size. With a 3 inch cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as you can get. I got about a dozen. Lay each circle on the baking sheet.
- Using a teaspoon, place spoonfuls of the sauce in the middle of each disk. Spread it out leaving about a 1/2 cm border around the edge. Sprinkle over a little oregano and top with mozzarella cheese. Fold over into a half moon and firmly press down the edges so that it seals.
- Bake for about 10 – 12 minutes or until golden and puffed. Serve straight away.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.