This Baked Camembert with Rosemary is a great holiday appetizer. Creamy baked Camembert is easy to prepare and just bakes in it’s wooden box for easy serving. Have fun dressing it up like I did here and you are holiday ready for easy entertaining.
Hello my dear friends, it’s a Christmas miracle that I have a recipe for you on the 23rd! I promised, and I like to at least try to keep those little nuggets of hope.
Tis’ the season of chaotic madness alongside a few peaceful moments. I for one, am embracing it all this season. I mean, it’s nearing the end of 2020. A year that will for sure go down in history as “That year“.
For now I’m putting the final touches on Christmas and getting ready for our dear friends to come for Christmas Eve.
But first, this super easy Baked Camembert with Rosemary. It might be just what you are looking for this holiday season.
What We’re using to make the Baked Camembert with Rosemary
- 250 g round of Camembert
- Drizzle of olive oil
- A few sprigs of rosemary
To Decorate the Platter
- Caramelized onions
- Pomegranate seeds
- A few extra rosemary sprigs
REMEMBER, the full recipe with instructions is always found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
How TO Bake the Camembert
One of the great things about this recipe is how easy it is. If you find yourself short on time and want to serve something fancy, make this! Not only it is delicious, it’s looks so pretty dressed up on a platter.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees C/190 degrees F
- Take the Camembert out of it’s plastic wrapping and put it back in the wooden box. Place it on the baking tray. NOTE: If your Camembert didn’t come in a wooden box, just place the Camembert on a sheet of parchment paper on top of the baking sheet.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is gooey inside.
Baked Camembert ready to enjoy
This stuff is so good, like delish! If you’ve never tried it, now is your chance. It’s easy to make and you can dress it up however you like. You can serve it just with crackers or bread. Or you can go all fancy and dress it up like I did. Another alternative to a Cheese Board.
How To Dress Up Your Platter
Like I said before, you can simply serve this with cracker or bread if you prefer. But you can dress it up to make it a pretty.
I just used a few simple ingredients to dress up this platter. Caramelized onions, gourmet crackers with sultanas, grapes, pomegranate seeds and a few extra sprigs of rosemary.
How to Caramelize Onions
Okay, so I use caramelized onions so much! In fact, in January there will be a whole post to just that. I believe caramelized onions can be a star on their own.
- Peel and thinly slice an onion
- Set a skillet over high heat and add a teaspoon of olive oil
- Add the onions and give a good toss or stir. Cook over high heat for just about 3 – 4 minutes until they start to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium and add splash of water if you notice them starting to stick. Continue to cook for about 20 minutes or until they are completely soft and a dark caramel colour. Caramelized onions should have a sweet taste to them.
A few Other Appetizers You Might Like To try
- Caramelized Onion & Goat Cheese Tarts
- Bacon Wrapped Dates with Pecans
- Fresh Tomato Bruschetta
- Spanish Serrano Ham Brushcetta
- Easy Charcuterie Board
- Cranberry & Pistachio Goat Cheese Ball
Well, there you have it, one festive Baked Camembert with Rosemary. Like I said, it’s a great appetizer to serve during the holidays.
I’m going to sign off now until next week. I’m taking the next few days off work to enjoy the season with my family and friends. I sure hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Although it may be different this year, there’s still goodness to be found. Thank you all for your wonderful support in 2020. It’s been a busy blog year and I’m looking forward to what 2021 has in store.
Merry Christmas friends!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get The Recipe!
Baked Camembert with Rosemary
- 250 g Camembert
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- A few rosemary sprigs
- crackers to serve
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees f/190 degrees c.
- Take Camembert out of it's plastic wrapping and place back in the wooden box. Place the box on a baking sheet.
- Slash the top of the cheese a few times with a knife. Insert a few sprigs of rosemary and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve alongside crackers or crisp bread.
- I served mine as a little mixed platter with crackers, caramelized onions, grapes and pomegranate seeds to make it festive.
- To caramelize onions. Thinly slice an onion. Set a pan over high heat and add olive oil. Add the onions and give a good toss around for about 3 minutes until they start to brown. Reduce heat to medium low and add a splash of water. Continue to cook the onions for a further 20 minutes or so until they have caramelized. Stir as they cook to ensure they do not burn or stick. Remove from heat when done.
- Can arrange the baked Camembert on a tray like I did above or just serve it plain with cracker.