Get dinner on the table in a hurry with this Easy Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti. Using fresh button mushrooms, grated parmesan and garlic to bring this dish to life. Make it for you next weeknight dinner!
New day, new week and a new month! How is is February already? I just know we’re going to blink and it will be summer once again. It really does fly.
January, just seemed to whiz by for me this year. I know there’s a lot of you out there that dread January. But, I can’t lie, I love the start of a new year!
A whole year to rewrite what we didn’t get done last year…haha!
So, let’s start with this Easy Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti. You’re gonna’ want to make this pronto so keep on reading.
What Makes Pasta Great for Feeding a Family
- It’s budget friendly – this wins hands down when you’re trying to get dinner on the table every night without breaking the bank!
- Pasta is quick & easy – You can’t beat a dinner that you can get on the table in a hurry after a busy day.
- Kid friendly – If you are feeding kids and picky eaters, it’s generally something they will all eat and a great way to hide vegetables.
Dishes like this Easy Garlic Mushroom Pasta and my Skillet Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes are all about getting dinner on the table in a hurry but not giving up on the taste.
Let’s Make Some Easy Pasta
Yes, normally I start with all the ingredients….oops! Somehow, I forgot to get that photo. So, you’ll just have to use your imagination…lol
- We’re starting with chopping mushrooms and crushing garlic.
REMEMBER, The full recipe and ingredient list is always found at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- Heat a skillet over medium to high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil and the garlic. Give a stir for a minute.
- Add the mushrooms and give another good stir.
- While those mushrooms are cooking, cook the spaghetti.
- REMEMBER TO RESERVE A LADLE OF PASTA WATER!
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the mushrooms and add a ladle of pasta water. Give a really good stir.
We keep pasta water to add to pasta dishes to make the dish creamier. The pasta water is a great addition to keep the noodles from sticking together, add more flavour and kind of just hold the dish together
- Have ready the finely grated parmesan cheese and finely chopped parsley.
Please use fresh grated parmesan cheese for this dish. This is a dish with minimal ingredients but gets all it’s great flavour for the very few simple ingredient.
Now it’s time to bring this super simple dinner together. Just add the parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper and stir really well.
And that’s it, it’s done.
The Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti is on the Table
And there you have it, one quick and Easy Garlic Mushroom Spaghetti dish ready for dinner! Great for busy nights or even weekend lunches.
I’m no stranger to getting Quick Dinners on the table. Most weekdays are busy and I don’t have time to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. Through the week keeping it simple is important for me. And I know it is for you too!
It’s Great on it’s Own or with a Few Sides for a bigger Dinner
Don’t forget, there’s a whole section with Pasta, Pizza and Risottos on the blog! You’ll find lots of great easy weeknight dinner inspiration over there. And if you’re looking for something more on the rich and creamy side, the One Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta goes on our dinner table a lot!
Looking for some kind of substitutes
You can use any kind of mushrooms for this dish. I usually use button mushrooms. They are easy to get hold of and budget friendly.
Take a look at Twelve Types of Mushrooms from Country Living. You might find some other inspiration of something else you’d like to try in this dish.
If you love mushrooms, check out my Italian Stuffed Mushroom recipe! It’s a great appetizer!
Here’s Some Other Simple pasta Dishes That You’ll Love As Well
- Fresh Spinach & Zesty Lemon Spaghetti
- Pasta Pomodoro
- Creamy Parpadelle with Asparagus
- Sun Dried Tomato & Bacon Spaghetti
- 10 Minute Pumpkin Alfredo
That’s how to get dinner on the table in a hurry. Remember, it never has to be fussy or complicated. Just great basic food to get your people around the dinner table.
Enjoy the start of a new month and I’ll see you all in a few days with something else tasty to share.
Happy cooking friends!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get The Recipe
Garlic Mushroom Spagehtti
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 8 oz button mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- small bunch fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium to high heat. Fry for about a minute.
- Add the mushroom and give a really good stir. Cook until browned and softened. About 5 – 8 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, cook and drain the spaghetti according to the package. Reserve 1/2 cup/120 ml of pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti and pasta water to the skillet with the mushrooms and give a good stir.
- Add parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and fresh chopped parsley. Stir really well and serve.