These Fish Tacos with a Spicy mango Salsa are bursting with flavours that will keep you coming back for more. What a better way to head into February than with visions of the sea on the horizon, long summer days and tropical islands. We can dream!
What makes these tacos so great!
Well, I’ll tell you, everything. It’s a complete combination of the crispy fried fish with the spiced mango topping. I can’t say enough great things about these tacos, so you’ll just have to try them out for yourself.
And, can I just say, I am a complete late bloomer to fish tacos. In fact, I’ve only ever made them a few times. I never imagined they would be so great. With tacos, I usually stick to chicken, pork or beef. But now that my eyes have been opened to fish tacos, I’ll be making them more often.
Do you like fish tacos?
This would make a great casual dinner party or weekend eating in dinner. And great with my Mexican Style Rice on the side. What’s great about tacos, is everyone can build their own. If you, get all the prep work done ahead of time, it makes for easy cooking.
Top Tip. The fish really needs to be fried fresh. If you cook it in advance, it will go soggy. Nobody wants that. So, wait until just before serving to batter and fry your fish. Always better!
If you Like these, here’s a few other Tings You Might be Interested in
- Crispy Cod Nuggets with Cajun Alioli
- Crispy Cod Cakes with Parsley Sauce
- Shrimp Tacos with a Cilantro Lime Topping
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Fish Tacos with a Spicy Mango Salsa
For the fish:
- 1 lb white fish fillets I used Hake
- 1 Cup bread crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon chili powder
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Egg beaten
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 8 flour tortillas (or corn)
For the salsa:
- 1 Mango diced small
- 1/2 Red onion finely diced
- 2-3 Spring onions finely chopped
- 1 Small chili finely diced
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Juice of one lime
- Small bunch of fresh chopped coriander
- First make the salsa. Combine the mango, red onion, spring onion, sugar, salt, lime juice, chilli and fresh coriander. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Remove the skin from the fish and discard. Cut the fish into 1 inch pieces. Give the fish a rinse in cold water and pat try with paper towels.
- Combine the bread crumbs with chilli powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Dip the fish pieces in the egg and then coat in the bread crumbs. Repeat for all fish pieces and place on a large plate.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When it’s hot, add the fish to the pan. Make sure you have room to move them around and they are not touching. They should sizzle when they hit the pan. Cook each side for about 2-3 minutes. Fish will be golden and crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Repeat for all the fish and set aside.
- In a large clean skillet set over high heat, add as many tortillas to the pan as you can and heat them on each side for about 20 seconds. Remove from heat and keep warm
- Lay out a tortilla, and fill with fish. Top with the mango salsa and fold them over. Optional, squeeze over extra lime juice. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply