Fruit crumble is one of those easy desserts that is great any time of year. And this Apple and Strawberry Crumble uses summer strawberries mixed with autumn apples. The perfect transition dessert that will fit into any time of year.
Crumbles are one of the easiest desserts to make. If you’re ever in the mood for pie but not the effort, make a crumble. You just have to chop the fruit and make a super easy crumble topping that just takes minutes. Then just pop it in the oven and wait for the deliciousness!
Another great thing about crumbles, you can use pretty much any fruit. So, it’s a dessert that lends itself to being seasonal. Even better! And if you love cobblers like my Homemade Peach Cobbler, you’ll love this!
Don’t miss Delicious Apple Desserts for Fall! More than a dozen great desserts from pie to cheesecake, muffins and more!
Cut Up The Fruit
You can even make this before hand and pop it in the fridge before baking. Literally just toss all the cut up fruit together in a baking dish and squeeze over a little lemon juice. Easy.
Make the Crumble Topping
You can put the crumble topping together with your hands or in a food processor. Personally, you just just do it with your hands in minutes. But like I say, if you prefer, you can use a food processor for this step if it makes like easy.
Ready For The Oven
Now you can put it in the fridge until baking later if you like. If baking straight away, bake in a preheated 350 degree f/180 degree c oven for around 45 – 50 minutes.
Fresh From The Oven
Straight out of the oven and ready to enjoy!
It’s best to let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting into it because it’s so hot.
Great served with ice cream, fresh whipped cream or custard. A dessert you’ll want to keep making.
If You Like This Dessert, here’s some other things You Might Like To Check Out
- Mini Apple & Cinnamon Crumbles
- Classic Apple Crumble
- Stove Top Apple Crumble
- Apple & Raspberry Crisp
- Blueberry & Raspberry Baked Pudding Cake
- Pear & Apricot Crisp
- Strawberry and Almond Muffins
The recipe hasn’t changed much since 2015, but I thought a freshen up was in order. This is one of the top 10 recipes on the blog and the one and only photo was a tad outdated…hahaha.
Hope you get a chance to make it sometime and enjoy it like we do. Happy baking friends and see you all in a day or two.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Apple & Strawberry Crumble
- 8 apples peeled, cored and cut into thick slices (I used golden delicious)
- 15 strawberries cut into thick slices
- 1 cup flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- Juice of half of a lemon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a deep 8 x 5 inch rimmed baking dish.
- Fill the dish with the apples and strawberries and mix them around so they are evenly distributed in the dish. Squeeze in lemon juice, mix and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, sugar and butter. Using your fingers, combine the butter into the flour mixture until you have a coarse bread crumb like mixture.
- Now, spoon the crumble mixture evenly over the fruit. Bake in your preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until the topping is golden and the fruit underneath is completely soft. Remove from oven and set dish on a wire rack.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. Suggested serving with whipped cream, ice cream or custard.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.