These Loaded Chicken Quesadillas are a family favourite at our dinner table. Lightly marinaded chicken pieces in cumin, garlic. Served between a soft tortilla with melted cheddar cheese. Then finished off with all your favourite toppings. Make it for your next Taco Tuesday.
Okay, serious question. Are you a fan of Tex-Mex food? Well, at casa Pinney, we love it and once a week some kind of Mexican inspired dinner goes on our dinner table. Dishes like these tacos, Shrimp Tacos, Mexican Rice, Avocado & Corn Salad, Loaded Veggie Nachos and so much more are dishes we love.
And these, my friends, are some pretty tasty Quesadillas. I love anything that you can put inside a wrap. If it has guacamole, even better. We had these quesadillas for lunch on Saturday for like the billionth time and I am only now getting around to finally adding them to the blog. Usually when I make them, there is no time for the camera, as they are gobbled up before I can grab it!
There is no secret ingredient or method to these quesadillas. They are just good ol’ basic food that I thought you might all like to see and try (maybe). They are easy peasy and delicious. It always seems as lot of steps with all the chopping involved, but the cooking time is minimal. So, it can be all prepared in advance and cooked when ready. Great for a casual dinner get togethers with friends.
Here’s Some More Recipes You’ll Love
- Slow Cooked Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Piri Piri Chicken Tacos with a Sauteed Red Cabbage Slaw
- Shrimp Tacos with a Cilantro Lime Topping
Get the recipe!
- 3 Chicken breast cut into thin strips
- Juice of two lemons divided
- Juice of one lime
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil divided (more if needed)
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Dried chili finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ground cumin
- Sea salt
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese grated
- 2 Avocados chopped
- Small bunch fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 2 Spring onions finely chopped
- 8 Flour Tortillas
- In a large bowl make the marinade for the chicken by adding 1/2 of the lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and salt. Stir well to combine and pour over chicken.
- Make the guacamole, by adding the chopped avocados, remaining lemon juice and a little salt to a bowl. Mash with a fork until smooth. Cover and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large cast iron or steel skillet. Cook the chicken on a high heat for about 8 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside and golden on the outside. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, lay your flour tortillas out on a flat surface. Evenly distribute the chicken and top with cheese, tomatoes & spring onions. Fold over into a half moon shape.
- Heat the last 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick skillet set over a medium-high heat. Place quesadillas in the pan and cook each side until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and repeat for remaining quesadillas.
- Fill each cooked quesadilla with guacamole, sour cream, and top with fresh cilantro and a drizzle of lime juice. Cut each one in half and serve.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.