Who likes tacos? Well, if you do, it doesn’t get a whole lot easier than these Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayo. Easy to make, tasty and on the table in under 30 minutes. A great mid week dinner the whole family is sure to enjoy!
We’re mid January, and slowly getting in the routine of the the “After Holiday Life”. I always find the first few days of the routine difficult, but then I’m back into it full swing. If there’s one things I live by, it’s routine.
So, the mundane January routine suits me just fine.
Cooking, of course, being a huge part of that routine. And sharing today the first of many recipes for 2021.
Super easy and tasty Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayo. A great mid week family dinner that you’re gonna’ love. Serve with a side of Mexican Style Rice and you’re all set!
What We Need To make The Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayo
Here’s a visual of what you need to make these very easy tacos. These are all basic and easy ingredients that you will most likely have on hand in your pantry anyway.
I used small soft wheat taco wraps but you could use corn shells or corn wraps.
REMEMBER, THE FULL RECIPE AND INSTRUCTIONS ARE ALWAYS LOCATED IN THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THE POST.
Again, such an easy recipe.
Start by heating the olive oil in a large skillet, add the garlic and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
Add the ground pork and break it up with a wooden spoon and stir it around until it cooks through. This will only take about 8 minutes or so.
Next up, add all the spices, seasonings and chilies. Stir really well to combine the flavours for about 1 – 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and water. Again, stir really well, turn heat to medium low and you are done!
Tacos Done & Ready to Enjoy
Now the pork is all done, we’re ready to put them together how we like.
As stated in the title, we’re using Sriracha Mayo to top these off with. It’s incredibly easy to make and so good. Don’t skip out of it! You’ll see a full recipe for that in the Recipe Card at the end of the post.
Don’t Know What Sriracha Sauce is, you’re Not Alone
Sriracha Sauce is a type of hot sauce using a paste from chilies, vinegar, garlic, sugar and salt. There are so many varieties. You can buy it in your local supermarket or make it at home.
What KInd of Taco shells or Wraps Should I use
The answer, my friends, is whatever kind you prefer. We personally love the small wheat wraps. But you can use hard shell corn if you prefer.
BEST WAY TO HEAT UP FLOUR TORTILLA WRAPS
- Preheat a cast iron grill pan on the stove top.
- Put the tortilla wraps on the grill pan and cook for about one minute per side.
- this heats them great, gives the marks and gives them a little bit of a crisp.
You can also wrap them in foil and heat them in a 350 degree F/180 degree C oven for about 15 minutes.
We served these with the Sriracha Mayo, which was so good! You’ll see how to make that in the recipe card. It’s easy!
Other Toppings you Might like
We always like something crisp with tacos. This time around we used fresh chopped tomatoes and a mixed variety of lettuce greens. You can use what you like. But I recommend something crisp to offset the soft shell, meat and sriracha mayo.
I also added cheese…because CHEESE. And a squeeze of lime juice for extra flavour!
Here’s Some More Taco Inspiration
- Slow Cooked Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Fish Tacos with a Spicy Mango Salsa
- Piri Piri Chicken Tacos with a Sauteed Red Cabbage Slaw
- Shrimp Tacos with a Cilantro Lime Topping
- Old School Beef Tacos
Well friends, that pretty much sums up today’s recipe. And yes, it’s been slow, I know.
If you’ve just tuned in this year and notice my site looking a little funny with advertisements. it’s because I’ve been busy signing with an Ad Agency and getting all that work done. So, that’s a great thing moving forward with Julia’s Cuisine.
Thanks for all your support and following along. I’ll see you all in a few days with another super easy recipe.
Until then, happy cooking!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get The Recipe!
Pork Tacos with Sriracha Mayo
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons cumin
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 dried chilies finely chopped (can use chili flakes)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 10 tortilla wraps small
For the Sriracha Mayo:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Grated cheese
- mixed lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
Make The Pork
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to high heat for a few minutes. Add the olive oil, onions, and garlic and stir for a minute. Cook for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the ground pork and start breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Continue doing this until the turkey has cooked, about 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add all the spices with the salt and pepper. Give a really good stir for about a minute
- Add the water and tomato paste. Stir really well and reduce heat to low for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Make The Sriracha Mayo
- Combine the mayonnaise, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Assemble tacos with turkey and all the toppings. Serve!
Heat The Tortilla Wraps & Assemble Tacos
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or any skillet) over a high heat on the stove top. Place the tortilla on the skillet and heat each side for about a minute. Remove as heated and repeat for all.
- Assemble tacos with the pork, sauce and your favourite toppings.