Who likes tacos? Well, if you do, it doesn’t get a whole lot easier than these Spiced Turkey Tacos. Switching out your ground beef for turkey for a lighter taco. A great mid week dinner the whole family is sure to enjoy!
Honesty, this is one of the easiest dinners you will make this week. The kids will love it! My daughter isn’t a fan of beef or ground beef for that matter. So, I try to target dinners that everyone will eat most days. And ground turkey is a great alternative to beef if you or people in your house don’t like beef either. And it’s less greasy and less fat. So, if you concerned about that part of things, it’s a way to keep the meal lighter.
And if you love tacos and all things wrapped up, here are a few other things you might be interested in, so take a look!
- Slow Cooked Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Old School Tacos
- Fish Tacos with a Spicy Mango Salsa
- Piri Piri Chicken Tacos with a Sauteed Red Cabbage Slaw
- Shrimp Tacos with a Cilantro Lime Topping
- Simple Spicy Beef Tacos
- Sriracha Beef Tacos with a Mango Salsa
Notes about the Spiced Turkey Tacos
Cook and eat…ha! And make a bigger dinner out of it by adding some Mexican Style Rice on the side. Seriously, that’s about it. Just some easy basic food. Add whatever toppings you like, as mine are mere suggestions. Dinner doesn’t get a whole lot easier and it’s sure to be a family pleaser.
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Spiced Turkey Tacos
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 8 taco shells
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 Cup water
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons cumin
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
- 2 dried chilies finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 Tomatoes diced
- 1 Cup sour cream
- Salsa your choice
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Preheat a large skillet over medium to high heat for a few minutes. Add the olive oil, dried chillies and garlic and stir for a minute. Add the ground turkey and start breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Continue doing this until the turkey has cooked, about 8 – 10 minutes. Add the water, tomato paste, cumin, paprika, salt and black pepper. Stir really well and reduce heat to low for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Put the taco shells on a baking tray and put in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 3 – 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Assemble tacos with turkey and all the toppings. Serve!