Using just a few simple ingredients and in under 10 minutes, you can have this Creamy Homemade Ranch Dip on your table. Made with just mayonnaise, sour cream, a few herbs, salt, pepper and garlic!
If you have been following for sometime now, you’ll know my love for comfort food. that being said, I’m ready for spring and fresher flavours and dishes. And what better way than with this fresh Creamy Ranch Dip. Honestly, this is the perfect snacking dip with just a platter of fresh vegetables. The batch can easily be doubled or tripled for a crowd!
What is This Ranch Dip Like
- Difficulty – This dip is the easiest recipe! It doesn’t require any special equipment or cooking at all. It comes together quickly and uses just a handful of ingredients.
- Taste – I’d probably describe this dip as creamy yet fresh . The creamy texture comes from the combination of sour cream and mayonnaise. And the freshness from the abundance of fresh herbs.
- Serving – This is the perfect dip for a vegetable platter and makes just more than a cup serving. It would probably serve between 8 – 10 people as a dip at a party.
- Mayonnaise – I used full fat mayonnaise for this dip.
- Sour Cream – Regular sour cream.
- Herbs – I used a mix of fresh parsley and fresh chives for this dip.
- Seasonings – This recipe is kept very simple by using just table salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Garlic – A small amount of fresh minced garlic.
REMEMBER, The full ingredient list and instructions can be found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Combine ingredients – In a medium sized bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh parsley, fresh chives, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Chill – Stir well to combine and cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to thicken and set.
- Serve – Remove from the fridge and serve with fresh chopped vegetables of your choice.
- Make in advance – This recipe is best made in advance. In fact, it does need to be chilled for an hour before serving. The chilling time allows the dip to firm up and set.
- Finely chop herbs – It’s best to chop the fresh parsley and the fresh chives as small as you can. You are looking to completely spread them through the dip without having having any large pieces. This will not only give an overall better flavour, but a better texture as well.
- Mayonnaise – I used full fat mayonnaise for this recipe. If you are looking to lighten the recipe, you can use low fat mayonnaise or even Greek yogurt. Keep in mind this will affect the taste a little
- Sour cream – Sour cream can be substituted by using the same amount of heavy cream and whisking in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Just let it sit for about 10 minutes and it can be used the same as sour cream.
- Add you own spin – Like many dips, you can change flavours to suit your own taste buds. Feel free to add a little mustard, lemon juice and or zest. You can add a little bit of spice by adding a few crushed chili flakes. Feel free to up the garlic to give it more of a punch.
Serving & Storage
- Serving – This Ranch Dip is great served with a fresh vegetable platter. You could also serve it with crackers, toasted pita bread wedges, as part of an Easy Charcuterie Board. here’s a few more serving ideas:
- Storage – This Homemade Ranch Dip can be made up to two weeks in advance and stored in the fridge in a glass jar.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although Ranch dressing and Ranch dip have the same flavour profile, the consistency is different. Ranch dressing uses buttermilk to make it thinner and pourable. Whereas, Ranch dip uses sour cream to give it a thicker consistency.
Yes, you can make Ranch dip up to two weeks in advance and store it in the refrigerator in a sealed jar.
Classic Homemade Hummus Recipe
Nacho Cheese Dip
Creamy Homemade Ranch Dip
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, fresh parsley, fresh chives, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir well to combine and cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to thicken and set.
- Remove from the fridge and serve with fresh chopped vegetables of your choice.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.