These Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders are what you need to put on your dinner table pronto! They are easy to make, done in no time at all and the whole family will love them. Serve them with your favourite sides for a great weeknight dinner at the end of a busy day!
Here’s a fact that’s kind of funny, this was my first time EVER trying Everything But The Bagel Seasoning. I know, don’t judge. And before you ask, “Where have you been?” all this time, the answer is right here. Firmly planted and tucked away in the southwest corner of Spain. So, it just isn’t a thing here. Kind of like peanut butter, pop tarts and so much more. Not that I miss pop tarts. Give me a homemade Apple Turnover any day of the week.
Anyway, the other week I was in Aldi and they always have some interesting stuff. I love that supermarket for it’s great finds. And this time around I found Everything But The Bagel Seasoning! I was excited, so picked up just one to try it out. We loved it, so I went back and bought six more! So look out for more recipes to come using this magical seasoning.
And now, let’s look at these easy four ingredient chicken tenders!
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make The Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders
- Chicken Tenders
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
REMEMBER, The full recipe is always found at the end of the post in the recipe card.
Steps To Make The Chicken Tenders
- Make the breadcrumb mixture – combine the panko breadcrumbs with the eerything bagel seasoning and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the eggs – in a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Coat the chicken – dip each piece of chicken in the egg and then in the bread crumb mixture. Firmly press the coating against the chicken.
What are Panko Breadcrumbs
If you’ve never used Panko Breadcrumbs and wondering how different they are, I’ll fill you in. They are made using crustless white bread that is processed into flakes and then dried. The crumb is drier and crisper than than regular breadcrumbs. They give food a lighter and crisper coating than regular breadcrumbs.
Are There Any Substitutions if I Don’t Have Panko Breadcrumbs
I would recommend using something like cracker crumbs, crushed cornflakes or even crushed pretzels. Anything that’s dry and crisp would work in place of Panko breadcrumbs.
Bake The Chicken Tenders
Bake the chicken tenders on a baking sheet in a preheated 375 degree f/190 degrees c oven for about 20 minutes. They will be crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside.
You can use a meat thermometer to check doneness if you are unsure. Insert the probe into the fattest part of the tender and when it reaches 165 degrees f, it’s cooked.
Fresh Out Of The Oven Chicken Tenders
DEE-licious! You get the idea, so you need to try them soon. I feed some picky eaters and my son said these were the best Chicken Tenders EVER. Said they even topped my Crispy Chicken Tenders. Not only are these really tasty, they are so easy to make and they use such few ingredients. You just can’t go wrong.
How To prep, Store & Reheat These Tenders
Prep The Tenders in Advance
- Prepare the tenders and place in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 12 hours before baking.
- After cooking you can reheat them. I like to preheat the oven to 350 degrees f/180 degrees c and place them on a baking tray for about 5 – 8 minutes until warmed through.
What’s Great To Serve with These Chicken Tenders
- Potato Dishes – The Paprika Spiced Potato Wedges, Crispy Oven Fries, and the Crispy Garlic Potatoes with a Creamy Chive Dip would all go really great.
- Vegetable Side Dishes – Why not take a look at my Italian Roasted Peppers, Garlic Mushrooms or even the Parmesan Topped Zucchini.
- Pasta Dishes – You can’t beat the Stove Top Mac and Cheese to go with these tenders. my teens love that combo. And the Pasta Pomodoro would go great for the grown ups!
Let me know what you think if you make these Chicken Tenders. I already know with the busy fall season of back to school and work, these will be going on dinner rotation. Quick Dinner recipes on weeknights is where it’s at for our family.
Have a great Friday and I’ll see you all real soon with more kitchen inspiration. Keep on cooking!
Here’s Some More Great Tenders you Might Like
Get The Recipe!
Everything Bagel Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 Cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Everything bagel seasoning
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil for greasing the pan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large baking sheet with the olive oil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the Panko bread crumbs and the everything bagel seasoning. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Dip each chicken tender in the beaten egg and then the bread crumb mixture. Repeat for all the chicken tenders. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauces.