These Feta & Spinach Stuffed Mini Peppers are a must make summer appetizer. Sweet peppers stuffed with a creamy spinach and feta filling and topped off with fresh Parmesan cheese for an extra touch of goodness. These decadent little bites can be prepared in advance and popped in the fridge until just before baking. A great on deck summer nibble for your next gathering.
Dear friends, make these. The end! But seriously, I already know that these Feta & Spinach Peppers are going to be on my appetizer rotation for years and years to come. In my humble opinion, you can never ever go wrong with Feta Cheese. Much like my Feta & Spinach Pastries, there were a huge hit at our place and will be on repeat soon.
And because it’s summer now, we have appetizers for dinner often! Did you get a chance to check out my recent recipe of the Caprice Salad Sticks or the Pesto Puff Pastry Pinwheels? All fresh and delicious nibbles to enjoy all summer long.
Okay, let’s take a look at these stuffed peppers so you can enjoy them as well.
Here’s What We Need to Make The Feta & Spinach Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Mini peppers
- Fresh spinach
- Feta crumbled
- Parmesan cheese
- Small onion
- Spring onion
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Pepper to season
REMEMBER, The full recipe with ingredients and instructions is always found in the recipe card at the end of the post.
Let’s Get Cooking The Stuffed Peppers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F/190 degrees C, I usually preheat my oven before I get started so I don’t forget.
- Cut the peppers in half and take out the seeds. There won’t be too many seeds inside these peppers and you can use a spoon to take them out or just use your fingers.
- Finely dice the onion and crush the garlic. Remember, these are little appetizer, so you want to dice the onion small so there are no big pieces inside the stuffed pepper.
- Cook the onions and garlic. I used a medium sized pan for this recipe. Cook over medium heat until the onions are soft and slightly golden. This will take about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the spring onions. These you only want add, stir and cook for just a minute. You want these to have the fresh flavour.
- Add the spinach to the pan. I used a big bag of spinach and roughly chopped it up. It’s important to chop the spinach because, again, you don’t want big pieces.
- Remove the pan from heat and allow to cool. Important! Make sure to leave it for about 10 minutes to cool before adding the egg and the cheese. If you add these ingredients too quickly, the egg will scramble and the cheese will start to melt. Not what we’re looking for!
- Add the whisked egg and the feta cheese. Okay, so after you’ve allowed the mixture to cool down, add the egg and feta cheese. Give it a gentle stir just until it’s combined.
- Season with salt and pepper. Don’t forget the seasonings! Add those in and just give a quick mix through.
Stuffed Peppers Ready For The Oven
And now friends, they are ready to pop in the oven and bake to perfection! I baked mine at pretty much 16 minutes. So in the recipe card below I put 15 minutes, but it could vary a few minutes depending on your oven. Just keep and eye on them. The peppers will be soft and the filling soft with melted cheese.
Freshly Baked Peppers ready to Enjoy
These are honest to goodness, dive in delicious! I’m telling you, if you love these ingredients, make these peppers this weekend! I’m a huge Feta Cheese fan, so I knew I was going to love these even before I started making them.
Serve these hot out of the oven for absolutely best results. I couldn’t stop eating them when I pulled them out of the oven. Try not to burn your mouth…hahaha! They were just so delicious.
Can I prepare These In Advance
These stuffed peppers can be made in the morning, covered and popped in the fridge until baking time. Which makes them a great make ahead appetizer for the summer months. And i have to say, I-m a huge fan of preparing everything in advance and cooking just before serving. It makes for a stress free life!
What Are some Other Dishes I can Serve with These Stuffed Peppers
- Serve them as part of an appetizer selection. These would be great at a gathering served alongside the Easy Charcuterie Board and the Grilled Shrimp with Chimichurri Salsa and you got some prefect nibbles.
- They would make a great starter. Serve them before a bigger dinner like the Tomato & Rosemary Chicken or the Lemon Crusted Baked Cod.
Okay, that just about brings this to a close. If you are looking for a great summer appetizer, you need to give them a try. Like I said before, I love all things appetizers in the summer. You just can’t go wrong. Recipes like this one, my Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings and Fresh Tomato Bruschetta are what summer is all about.
Be sure to check back in a few days because I have an amazing dessert coming your way…shhhh. It’s involves chocolate and fresh cherries. And I can tell you that it’s downright delicious! So until them, keep on cooking and enjoy the start to summer.
Here’s Some More Great Feta Recipes You’ll Enjoy
Get The Recipe!
Feta & Spinach Stuffed Mini Peppers
- 12 Mini peppers cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 bag spinach roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Feta crumbled
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 1 small onion
- 1 Spring onion
- fresh parsley (small bunch) finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Egg
- Pepper to season
- In a large skillet set over medium to high heat, add the olive oil and garlic. Stir for a minute and add the white onion. Cook for about 5 minutes, until soft. Add the spring onion and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the spinach and stir until wilted. Just about a minute. Season with pepper and add the fresh parsley. Stir well. Remove from heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes. Add the whisked egg and the feta. Stir to combine..
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lay out all the peppers on the baking tray. Evenly fill the peppers with the filling. Sprinkle over parmesan cheese.
- Bake for about 15 – 18 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and browned slightly on the top
- Serve straight away or at room temperature.