Sheet Pan Vegetables could be your easiest summer side dish, ever! Just throw some vegetables on a baking tray, add salt and olive oil and call it a day. Easy, fresh and tasty!
Yes, I know summer is nearing it’s end. Most of you have probably mentally checked out of picnics, coconut sunscreen and fruity cocktails. But it’s not over yet, is it? There are still days to be had, memories to be made and summer to be enjoyed. Right? Dishes like this one and my Summer Grilled Mixed Vegetables are still hitting our dinner table.
As much as I do love fall, I’m not ready yet to break into the pumpkin spice. It is still August after all. I’m still in the mood for light dishes like these Sheet Pan Vegetables, Zesty Pan Seared Salmon and Pan Fried Hake. Who’s with me?
However, our good friend social media, will have us believe otherwise.
Fall is Coming
It seems this past week, pumpkin spice has exploded on every page I stumble upon. Summer eats are being replaced by warming stews, iced coffee has moved along to make way for steaming cappuccino, summer fruits are giving way to the fall harvest and so much more.
What ever happened to a world where we live in the season that’s happening under our nose? It seems everyone is rushing to get to the next season, the next event, the next holiday. Why can’t be just be where we are for just a little while.
I do know that most of us are ready to say adios to long days stretched into even longer evenings with promise of a fresh start and a new season. But there’s still more to be done in this season. And for more, I really mean food. There’s more summer dishes to cook and enjoy.
I for one, don’t think I’m ready quite ready to stick a fork in summer and call it done. It might have a little to do with the current hot as hell heat wave we’re suffering through at the moment. Yes, steaming. So to contradict everything I just said, I wouldn’t mind the patter of rain right now…hahaha. But maybe, just maybe, if mother nature could drop the temperatures to what I consider reasonable summer, I’d be a little more reasonable myself. Ask my family.
So for me, for now, I’m sticking with summer eats. Later this evening I’m busting out the barbecue and a few icy cold beverages to take the edge off the Sahara heat in southern Spain on the last days of August.
If you can’t beat em’ join em’, right?
Notes about the vegetables
Easy, fresh, healthy and a great side dish to just about anything.
- To be honest, it isn’t much of a recipe really. But it’s something everyone can make when you’re running out of time and no clue what to serve with that steak, fish or chicken dish you have cooking away. I’ve been making these sheet pan vegetables for more years than I can count, and we always love them.
- There’s not a whole lot to say about them really. I would point out that it’s probably best to give them a quick flip and move around the pan about half way through cooking. This will prevent sticking and ensure even cooking.
Happy cooking friends and enjoy the moment, whatever it may be!
Like what you see today? Don’t forget you can follow on Facebook for daily inspiration or over on Instagram where I sometimes do daily cooking videos for fun! I’m also on Pinterest which is a great place that you can save and share your favourite recipes. As well, if you haven’t yet, Subscribe to the newsletter. You’ll be notified whenever there’s a new recipe! You can do that at the top of the page.
Get the recipe!
Sheet Pan Vegetables
- 14 asparagus spears ends trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 large zucchini ends trimmed, cut in half length ways and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 large red pepper de seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place all the vegetables on a large baking tray. Sprinkle with salt, garlic and drizzle over the olive oil. Give a stir.
- Roast for 20 – 25 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove from oven and serve straight away.