These Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables could be your easiest summer side dish ever! Just throw some vegetables on a baking tray, add garlic, salt and olive oil and call it a day. Easy, fresh and tasty!
If you’re looking for a super easy summer side dish, make these Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables. Not only are they easy and nutritious, they are delicious and can easily be added to rice, quinoa or couscous!
What’s This Vegetable Dish Like
- Difficulty – This a super easy dish to make that takes about 10 minutes and can be prepped in advance.
- Taste – One of the best things about this dish is the amazing roasted garlic, so don’t skip it!
- Serving – This dish easily serves four side dish servings. You can easily adjust the serving size in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Bell Peppers – I used red, green and yellow bell peppers for this dish.
- Zucchini – A medium sized zucchini will be great for this roasted vegetable dish.
- Onion – I used a large yellow onion.
- Tomatoes – Large ripe tomatoes will work best for this recipes.
- Garlic – Two large garlic bulbs are used in these roasted vegetables.
- Olive oil – Extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt – I finished the vegetables off with sea salt before roasting.
NOTE, The full recipe and ingredient list can be found at the end of the post in the recipe card.
- Preheat oven – Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and have ready a large baking tray.
- Arrange vegetables – Place all the vegetables on the baking tray. Arrange the half garlic bulbs with the exposed garlic facing up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over salt.
- Roast vegetables – Roast for 20 minutes and remove from oven and stir the vegetables. Place all the garlic with the exposed garlic down. Return to oven and roast for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are really soft.
- Remove skin from garlic – Remove from oven. Pick up the half garlic bulbs and the garlic will come straight out of the skin. Discard the garlic skin. Add roasted garlic back to the vegetables.
- Serve – Serve hot from the oven.
- Prepare in advance – You can easily prepare this dish early on and then just pop it in the oven before serving.
- Cut the vegetables the same size – To ensure even cooking, it’s recommended to cut the vegetables as close in size as possible.
- Remember to stir at the halfway point – After the vegetables have been cooking for about 20 minutes, give them a good stir. It’s really important to turn over the garlic as this point otherwise it may dry out.
- Bell peppers – I used red, green and yellow bell peppers for this dish. You could use either of the colours. Alternatively you could use Italian green peppers or sweet mini peppers.
- Zucchini – A great alternative to zucchini would be eggplant for this dish.
- Tomatoes – I used heriloom tomatoes for this dish. Any kind of ripe tomato would work well including cherry or grape tomatoes.
What to Serve With This Vegetable Dish
These roasted vegetables are very versatile and you can serve them so many ways and with many Main Dishes. Below are a few of our favourites!
- Grilled Tenders in a Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce
- Crispy Cod Cakes with Parsley Sauce
- Baked Salmon with a Lemon Basil Cream Sauce
- Baked Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Crispy Cod Nuggets with Cajun Alioli
Frequently Asked Questions
Some common Mediterranean vegetables are arugula, cabbage, carrots, celery, chicory, cucumbers, eggplant, bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, lemons, leeks, mushrooms, mustard greens, beets and so much more.
Heirloom is a variety of tomato in which the seeds have been passed down for generations. Heirloom variety tomatoes are open-pollinated. This means the seeds are saved and replanted to produce new tomato plants. Generally heirloom tomatoes are very flavourful and quite often not uniform in shape.
Oven Roasted Italian Green Peppers
Roasted Vegetable Couscous
Sheet Pan Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper diced into large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced into large pieces
- 1 green bell pepper diced into large pieces
- 1 zucchini ends trimmed, cut in half length ways and sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large tomatoes diced large
- 2 bulbs garlic cut in half cross ways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and have ready a large baking tray.
- Place all the vegetables on the baking tray. Arrange the half garlic bulbs with the exposed garlic facing up. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes and remove from oven and stir the vegetables. Place all the garlic with the exposed garlic down. Return to oven and roast for a further 20 minutes or until the vegetables are really soft.
- Remove from oven. Pick up the half garlic bulbs and the garlic will come straight out of the skin. Discard the garlic skin. Add roasted garlic back to the vegetables.
- Serve hot from the oven.
*A note on times provided: appliances vary, any prep and/or cook times provided are estimates only.